Why You Should Consider a Bird Table for Your Home Today
Ever conceived the idea of making your surrounding or environment a hub for terrestrial display where different kinds of birds could be seen and observed? Perhaps what you desire is the need to listen to the lovely and sonorous songs from birds while you relax within the comfort of your home. A bird table is however one major design created to bring such dream to fruition. It is a cage-like design created for the purpose of providing food to birds while at same time directing their attention to within your garden to catch a good sight of those wonderful terrestrial creatures. It comes in different sizes, types and designs to specification for different type of birds.
What are Bird Tables?
Bird table or bird feeder as could be called is a structure hung to a tree branch or to be mounted on a pole with different kind of feeds meant to attract birds. A bird feeder could be a tube seed feeder made of plastic with a plastic or metallic cover or an enclosed cage made of net or wood with lid used for attracting and feeding a wide variety of bird species.
The design of a wooden bird table is a subject of its target creature. Designs for Kerinth, Kendal, Windermere, Cartmel etc are distinct exclusively from one another depending on the type and size of the target birds. Irrespective of the type of table an individual chooses to build, it is important to note that they all posses some common characteristics which include: –
- Base Stand: – Irrespective of the table you choose to create, there must be a collection of beautifully carved woods fasten together at one end to provide support at the base of the bird table and keep it upright at all time. The base stand could also be pegged into the ground in other to prevent the bird table from being blown away by wind as a result of its open space location.
- A Pole: – One of the major considerations to make while designing a wooden bird table is its ability to deter squirrels from invasion and subsequent destruction of feeds left for birds’ consumption. It is against this background that made a feeder on a pole much preferable to being hung on or around trees. It is believed that while trees are preferred destinations for a near perfect movement by squirrels, it is often difficult for them to move up or down a pole, a well carved and furnished one especially.
- A Cage: – This is not necessarily an enclosed structure. It could just be a design with a base where feed s could be placed and a cover at the top to prevent rain or sunlight from destroying feeds placed in bird tables. Its design is of different type often constructed to specification of target birds.
Some Recommended Bird Tables for Your Home?
Rather than create a gigantic tree to accommodate all kinds of birds thereby putting the environment at the risk of predating, transfer of infections between and among birds, unfitting sight of different type of birds within the same space as well as the raucous roving of different birds which could cause noise pollution rather than create a sonorous sound to sooth hearing, bird tables thus stand a major and better alternative. To get the best of bird tables for different kinds of bird species, here are some recommended quality bird table you should consider: –
Simply Wood’s range of Anchor Fast Bird Tables
- Anchor Fast Langdale Feeding Station: – This could simply be referred to as a multi-feeder bird table type. It have the capacity to take up to 8 feeders, easy to add more hooks and hangers etc if required.
- Anchor Fast Windermere Bird Table: – It is built with a recycled slate roof which makes it suitable to improve the weather protection for the birds and an internal nut feeder which makes it so easy to feed the birds. It is so simple to fill and great to keep clean.
- Anchor Fast Cartmel Bird Table: – This is a suitable feeder for the bigger birds. It also comes with a recycled slate roof which serves as protection from harsh weathers with a taller and larger table suitable for bigger birds. It also serves a greater purpose of protecting the feeds from being blown off by wind.
- Anchor Fast Lowther Bird Table: – Like the anchor fast cartmel bird table, the anchor lowther bird table also come with high sides to protect the seeds in the wind with an additional side perches which makes it unique.
- Anchor Fast Bowness Bird Table: – This is larger, taller with an extremely high quality, a recycled slate roof which improves weather protection for the birds along an internal nut feeder which makes it so easy to feed the birds, simple to fill and great to keep clean. It also comes with higher sides on the feeding table to protect the feeds from wind.
- Anchor Fast Ambleside Bird Table: – This like others also has high sides to protect from wind with a unique open feature to provide an excellent view of the feeding birds.
- Anchor Fast Grisedale Bird Table: – It is tudor styling, flagship feeding station with high sides to protect the seeds in the wind and totally open for excellent viewing of the feeding birds.
- Anchor Fast Coniston Bird Table: – This model has side perches, a great extra which makes it easy for more than a bird feeding at once. It also comes in a recycled slate roof to improve weather protection for the birds along with an internal nut feeder which makes it so easy to feed the birds, simple to fill and great to keep clean. Also have higher sides on the feeding table to protect the food/seeds in the wind.
- Anchor Fast Hawkshead Bird Table: – It comes with two extra feeding tables on its stand to help attract the bird with high sides to protect the seeds in the wind and a totally open feature for excellent viewing of the feeding birds.
It is however important to note that the different type of bird tables as recommended above is made of a high quality FSC certified woods and timbers. They are of classic and timeless designs with high resistance to animal stains and a very suitable feature to sooth all gardens.